- We will post one (1) challenge every other week. Challenges will begin on Fridays and you will have one week and two (2) days to submit entries (due on Sundays). We will post a mid-week reminder and a reminder the day of the submission deadline with a link to the challenge post. **If there are extenuating circumstances or fewer than three entrants by the deadline of submission, the challenge due date will be extended to Wednesday at 11:59p MST allow extra time for additional submissions.
- The challenge will close 1 week and two (2) days from when it opened at 11:59pm MST. If there is an emergency for one of the mods in RL, we may extend the challenge. We will let you know if this happens and when the new date for submission will be.
- We will post six (6) unedited caps with two (2) open caps to be chosen by the entrant, but you may only choose to submit up to 6 icons. You do not have to create the maximum limit, but your creations can only be one icon per cap. You may, however, blend two caps together to create one icon.[Example here]
credit to tardis_mafia
- We will accept blending, text, negative space, and any other form of enhancement or editing for the icons submitted. Anything goes except animated icons. Make sure all entries comply to the LJ standards (100x100 px and less than 40kb)
- As there is only one season completed, caps will be chosen from season one until season two ends. At that time, the six (6) provided caps will be alternated between both seasons.
- Every now and then we may surprise you with a technical or themed prompt which you may choose from within a regular weekly prompt. (Again, regular weekly icontest prompts are six (6) unedited and two (2) open caps from which you may choose a total six (6).) These themes/technical prompts are optional. You do not earn brownie points for creating icons within these prompts, but it's nice to switch things up sometimes.
- Please upload your images to an anonymous hosting site (such as postimage.com, tinypic.com, imgur.com, etc...).
- Do not post your images anywhere until winners are announced.
- Post submissions as a photo and post the direct link with file type below it.
Voting and winning iconage posts:
- Voting will open shortly after the challenge ended and will stay open for 3 days (beginning on Monday and ending on Wednesday at 11:59pm MST). If the challenge has been extended, the open voting will be from Thursday to Saturday.
- We will make a winning icon post after polling has closed and the points have been tallied, and we will post the winners' banners before the next open voting.
- We will post the winning iconage and icons that were entered in the challenge in one post. All entered icons may be up for grabs, including non-winning icons.
- Please comment on the winning iconage post if you wish to use an icon that someone else has made, and give credit to the maker. If they stipulate anything else in order to use their artwork, please follow their wishes. This community and mods do not hold any responsibility if usage rules are broken.